Know a beautiful woman who’s retiring? Below you’ll find a massive, fantastic list of the best retirement gifts for women coworkers and friends who love to travel.
There’s more traditional, personalized and expensive gift ideas for coworkers and employees. Incredible experiences and unique gifts for friends. And small, funny retirement gifts to top it all off and leave her smiling.
What Do You Get a Woman for Retirement?
A great retirement gift for a woman is something thoughtful that reflects HER, and your understanding of who she is, what she values, and how she likes to spend her time. But, you already knew that. So, how do you find that perfect gift?
Leading up to her retirement, pay attention to things she’s excited to do after retirement. Since this post is travel-themed, consider places she wants to go, types of travel she enjoys and who she wants to do it with. Maybe it’s luxurious travel through Europe with her friends, backpacking through Southeast Asia with her kids, or relaxing at her lakefront cabin with her significant other.
A helpful approach to giving retirement gifts to those you don’t know that well is:
- One main gift that reflects her personality and interests, and shows that you know something about her;
- A more traditional retirement gift that honors her contributions of time and effort with the organization; and,
- Something light-hearted and fun to make her smile, perhaps to match the theme or activity of her retirement party. (But be careful with “funny” gifts that might not match her sense of humor!)
Now, should you give a gift certificate for a retirement gift? Nope. Instead, choose something from her favorite store that she can easily return. This shows more thoughtfulness and gives the flexibility you’re looking for.
What To Get a FRIEND Who Is retiring?
A retirement gift for a friend should focus on celebration and fun. Treat her to an experience she’d love, like a weekend spa package or an exhilarating whitewater rafting trip she keeps chickening out of. The best part of this is that you can enjoy it together! Below are lots of fun retirement gift ideas for her.
What Do You Get a COWORKER for Her Retirement?
A retirement gift for a coworker should honor her contributions at work, both professionally and socially. Traditional retirement gifts are typically more expensive, classy and engraved with years of service. But, dust-collectors like plaques get buried in closets.
Instead, choose more unique retirement gifts she’ll be proud to leave out, because they’re more personal or useful. You’ll find plenty of these ideas below.
How Much Should You Spend on a Retirement Gift for Her?
A general guideline on how much you should contribute to a group retirement gift for a coworker is between $5 and $20 or $30 to $50 if you’re buying on your own. Use this as only a rough guide, though, as this also depends on the length and closeness of your relationship and how much you’re comfortable spending.
100 BEST Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers and Friends Who Travel (2022)
Okay, are you ready for LOTS of retirement gift ideas for women coworkers and friends? To keep this massive list from being overwhelming, I’ve organized them for you.
Remember: First choose a main gift idea and then round it out with a traditional and funny retirement gift for her.
- 35 EXPERIENCE and UNIQUE Retirement Gifts for Her
- 11 PERSONALIZED and TRADITIONAL Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
- 18 EXPENSIVE Retirement Gifts for Women
- 36 SMALL, FUN and FUNNY Retirement Gifts for a Woman (All Still CLASSY)
And ALL are thoughtful retirement gifts for women coworkers or friends who love to travel!
EXPERIENCE and UNIQUE Retirement Gifts for Her
1. SPA PACKAGE Retirement Gift for Woman Friend
Celebrate your friend’s retirement with a spa getaway weekend! Choose a favorite spa or a highly-raved spa you’ve been wanting to check out, and make this her retirement gift to celebrate together. Here are three of my favorite spa getaway ideas:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Florida: Enjoy balcony views over Biscayne Bay and the Miami skyline. Plus, a full-service spa, infinity pool with butler service, restaurant, onsite yoga classes, and pretty waterfront garden paths to explore.
- Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa, Austin Texas: A full-service spa, 18-hole golf course, 10 tennis courts, sauna, indoor pool, hot tub and seasonal outdoor pool. Plus, three bars and seven restaurants. Lots of hiking, kayaking, and biking.
- Fairmont Chateau, Whistler BC Canada: Every room features a sitting area with mountain or village views, with access to hot tubs, saunas, and Eucalyptus steam rooms. Plus, multiple restaurants, live entertainment in the lounge, indoor pool, full-service spa, and ski-in/ski-out access at Blackcomb Mountain.
2. INTERNATIONAL FOOD Basket Unique Retirement Gift Ideas for Her
Have some fun putting together a travel-themed food basket to start off her retirement. Choose a variety of ethnic food and drinks from international markets, online or even your local grocery store. Make it extra special by including a map, recipes and tasting notes for a DIY food tour around the world.
Or, make it easy on yourself by ordering a few international food boxes from Amazon. You could also get her a subscription box to extend the fun.
3. Inspiring TRAVEL BOOKS Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
Is she already planning her retirement adventures? Here are two inspiring travel books she’ll love. Both come in hardcover, perfect for gift-giving.
National Geographic does a fabulous job of capturing those “wow” images that’ll inspire new bucket list destinations in their Destinations of a Lifetime compilation. And The Bucket List by Kath Stathers is packed with photos and information on 1000 adventures, big and small, on all seven continents. Natural wonders. Cultural and culinary experiences. Photos of the best beaches, museums, islands, inns and restaurants.
4. Cozy COUCH BLANKET Retirement Gifts for Her
Inspire her to cozy up on the couch with those travel books by giving her a gorgeous cable-knit sherpa blanket, too! You can even have it monogrammed with her initials as a special touch for her retirement gift.
This is also a great cabin gift for those who spend their summers by the lake.
5. NIGHT OUT PACKAGE Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
A night out is an experience retirement gift for her that can work for both coworkers and friends. Right after work, head out as a group. Start with some type of activity, like an escape room, where you can interact and have fun together. Then take her out to a favorite restaurant or pub, ending the night with gifts, plenty of laughter and even some dancing.
6. DAY OUT PACKAGE Retirement Gift for Woman Friend
To celebrate a friend retiring, treat her to a full day out! You might start with a lovely brunch, do some pottery painting and boutique shopping or gallery gazing, and stop for tea along the way. Or, perhaps you take her on a favorite hike or take a tour, ending at a favorite restaurant for dinner and wine. Find local tours and inspiration on Get Your Guide.
7. WINE CLUB Membership Unique Retirement Gifts for Her
Start her retirement off right with a Cellars Wine Club subscription! Wines include limited releases and boutique vineyards all over the world. Choose how many shipments you want, how often and how many bottles. The International Club features a different region each month, and all deliveries include helpful tasting notes. Doesn’t that sound perfect??
You may also like Gifts for Travelers to Enjoy at HOME, too
8. WINERIES GETAWAY Retirement Gift for Woman Friend
Or, why not take your friend on an all-out wineries getaway to celebrate her retirement?! Choose a tour with Get Your Guide or plan your own. Below are areas known for their excellent wineries:
- Napa and Sonoma Valley, California: wine tours and getaway hotels
- Okanagan Valley tours, British Columbia, Canada: wine tours and getaway hotels
- Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada: wine tours and getaway hotels
9. BEACH BLANKET Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers Who Travel
Anthropologie has a ton of great beach blankets as retirement gifts for women coworkers and friends who love beach travel. Choose from beautiful patterns, some with handles and even one with gaming pieces.
10. Luxury GLAMPING GETAWAY Retirement Gift for Woman Friend
Who says that glamping is roughing it? Celebrate your friend’s retirement with an incredible and luxurious glamping getaway! Yes, you can definitely find rustic glamping experiences, mostly in Canadian and American national parks. But here are two that are pure fun:
- Collective Hill Country near Austin, Texas: Luxury tents with a wood-burning heater, cozy bathrobes and slippers, room service and awesome views. Plus, an onsite spa, restaurant, live entertainment and lots of activities. Rent bikes, go horseback riding, take a cooking or yoga class, or go on a cultural tour.
- Lake Powell, Utah: Luxury tents with a wood-burning stove and private balcony overlooking the canyons that stretch for miles, including Grand Staircase – Escalante National Monument. The Under Canvas property has a restaurant, barbeque area and outdoor fireplace. Perfect for exploring nearby Utah canyons!
- Mont-Tremblant, Quebec Canada: Luxury domes with a fireplace, heated floors, balcony, hot tub and sauna. Plus, onsite spa, restaurant, movie room, games room, and outdoor pool and jacuzzi. Lots of activities, like archery, horseback riding, ziplining and electric fat bike tours. In winter, enjoy guided snowshoeing tours, dog sledding, skating and cross-country skiing. So fun!!
11. BOBBLEHEAD Unique Retirement Gifts for Her
A customized bobblehead is such a fun and unique retirement gift for women coworkers or friends! Ask a family member, friend or even your coworker for a favorite picture either at work or doing what she loves outside of work. And then My Bobblehead Shop will turn it into a fun and unique retirement gift to make her smile!
12. SELFIE STICK Retirement Gift Ideas for Women Coworkers
If your globe-trotting coworker or friend still hasn’t invested in a selfie stick, this is a great add-on retirement gift for women who travel. They’ve become pretty versatile, with many doubling as a tripod and working for both phones (Apple and Android) and DSLR cameras. They fold up nice and small, too. Now she’ll fit right in with the tourists!
Also a great gift for couples that travel together.
13. BLUETOOTH SPEAKER Unique Retirement Gifts for Her
Does she love music? Give her a fun bluetooth speaker as part of her retirement gift. I have two favorites to use as inspiration. First, this pretty Ocean Ombre travel speaker from Anthropologie. And second, this beautiful bamboo speaker from Bamboo BG on Etsy. It uses bamboo’s natural resonance qualities to amplify the sound from your phone.
14. GLOBE PAPERWEIGHT Unique Retirement Gifts for Her
Don’t you just love this concrete globe from Elemental Design Store on Etsy?! Get it in raw concrete gray or hand-painted copper as a unique retirement gift for women who travel.
15. TRAVEL BELT Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
A super handy travel accessory she can also use everyday is a classy travel belt. When she isn’t exploring the world, she can use it for hands-free shopping and walking around the block. Keep it classy for retirement gifts for women coworkers and friends by choosing between a Coach belt bag and Lululemon belt bag.
16. Small Travel POUCH Retirement Gift Ideas for Women Coworkers
A compact travel wallet is a useful and unique retirement gift for women who travel. It’s ideal for keeping her essentials, like ID, credit card and cash, safely together. A great option is Anthropologie’s Petite Embroidered Pouch, with delicate embroidery and zippered closure. It comes in a variety of colors and designs.
Or, go with Quasi Quilt Co’s handmade credit card pouch that hold up to eight cards comfortably and fit in your pocket. They come in 10 fun and pretty fabrics and have a button closure.
You may also like Best Travel Accessories for Women
17. WINE ACCESSORIES Unique Retirement Gifts for Her
If she appreciates her wine, why not indulge her with beautiful wine accessories?! Find lovely wine and charcuterie boards at Left Coast Original. Gorgeous hand-painted wine glasses from Summer Rose Shoppe. International sights wine charms. Finish your retirement gift with her favorite wine in this retirement wine gift bag.
18. BEACH GETAWAY Retirement Gift for Woman Friend
A beach getaway can be the perfect way to celebrate pretty much anything, including retirement. What a fun retirement gift for a woman friend! Consider the type of beach getaway she’d most enjoy. Does she like lots of non-beach activity options or resort amenities?
Here are three of my favorite beach getaways as retirement gifts for friends:
- Florida Keys road trip from Miami: Plan your drive with these 50 best stops, including beaches, quirky spots, and where to eat and sleep.
- Santa Monica Beach Resort, Los Angeles: Stay right on Santa Monica Beach with Casa Del Mar, an elegant 5-star luxury resort and spa! If the location wasn’t enough, the resort has an outdoor pool, two restaurants, bar, live music. And massive windows, some with an ocean view.
- All-Inclusive Luxury Resort in Mexico: Book with Palace Resorts on your favorite beach in Mexico. Their high-end resorts are in Cancun, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, Playa Del Carmen and Los Cabos. All are all-inclusive, with rooftop pools, poolside dining, swim-up bars and exotic tours. Enjoy world-class beaches, dining and entertainment!
You may also like Best Getaways in FLORIDA
19. BEACH LUXURIES Unique Retirement Gifts for Her
If she’s eager to become a beach bum, help her out! Bundle up a few beach accessories as unique retirement gifts for women coworkers and friends. My favorites include a gorgeous Turkish beach towel from Kalkedon Towels, which is quick-drying, sand-resistant and lightweight. A clear poolside resort pouch to easily find her accessories. And this straw beach bag from French Baskets.
Also check out beautiful cabin decor gifts.
20. Carry-on BACKPACK Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers Who Travel
For a useful and unique retirement gift for women coworkers and friends who love to travel, consider a beautiful carry-on bag from Vera Bradley. Vera Bradley is known for their travel bags in gorgeous (and machine-washable) quilted fabrics. Also check out their shop for other travel accessories like wallets, cosmetic bags and ID cases.
21. COOKING CLASS Unique Retirement Gifts for Her
If she loves to cook, or wants to love it, a cooking class is definitely a unique retirement gift for women. You might choose a class from a local restaurant or school, or from a ton of online experiences with CozyMeal.
22. CITY GETAWAY Retirement Gift for Woman Friend
Is there a particular city she talks of visiting? A wonderful retirement gift for a woman friend is to whisk her away on a city getaway. My favorite cities for a ladies getaway are New York City, Los Angeles and Montreal. All of these cities have a fantastic variety of adventurous and relaxing activities to suit any personality and style of traveler.
23. Flexible TRIPOD Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers Who Travel
Here’s a gift idea that makes a LOT of my traveler gift guides: a flexible tripod from GorillaPod. It works with smartphones AND fancier cameras. She can get the perfect shot by wrapping its legs around tree branches or sticking the magnetic feet to the hood of her car. It’s a fun and unique retirement gift for women coworkers and friends who travel.
Tripods are also great gifts for couples that travel together.
24. Travel SCARF with Pocket Retirement Gifts for Travelers
Possibly the perfect travel accessory retirement gift for women coworkers and friends who travel is a scarf with a hidden pocket. Etsy has a wonderful selection of fabrics and prints to choose from. Among my favorites is Canadian-based Ruby’s Daughter shop’s infinity scarves, with lots of fabric choices. Pick a lightweight for summer travel and heavyweight for cooler seasons.
25. POLAROID Camera Unique Retirement Gifts for Her
A unique retirement gift for women coworkers and friends who travel is a polaroid camera. With digital cameras, we’ve lost the fun of printing out pictures. Make it easy for her to post reminders of her travels around her house. Don’t forget to get a couple from her retirement party, too.
26. ADVENTURE GETAWAY Retirement Gift for Woman Friend
Retirement is the perfect time to try something new and adventurous! What is that secret-something she’d love to try but needs that push? Maybe a whitewater rafting or mountain climbing tour? A hot air balloon ride or trip to an amusement park? Ziplining or skydiving? The trick here is that a retirement gift for a woman friend means you have to do it, too! Find fun adventures near you.
27. CABIN LUXURIES Unique Retirement Gifts for Her
If all she can talk about is spending time out at the cabin, she’ll a bundle of cabin luxuries as a retirement gift for her! Include things like a portable picnic table for wine and cheese, wine cooler and beach resin serving tray. Fill them with delicious food and drink she can enjoy at the cabin, and you’re set. For more ideas, check out the best cabin gifts for owners.
28. HIKING GEAR Retirement Gifts for Women
Is she eager to do more hiking in retirement? A perfectly unique retirement gift for her might be a fancy new day hiking backpack. Go to her favorite outdoorsy store and fill it with things like hiking poles, a filtration water bottle and backpack emergency kit. My favorite store for this is Canadian Mountain Equipment Co-op.
29. HAMMOCK Unique Retirement Gifts for Her
Now, we can’t talk about outdoorsy retirement gifts for women coworkers and friends without including a hammock. You could go with a classic double hammock from the Hammock Sky Store on Amazon, in case she’s up for sharing. Or, choose hammock chairs, which are a little easier for the retired body to get in and out of!
30. MOUNTAIN Getaway Retirement Gift for Woman Friend
Does she love the mountains? I live near the impressive Canadian Rocky Mountains that border the provinces of Alberta and British Columbia, and this is where my friends and I escape to! I can imagine us doing this again when it’s our turn to retire.
Here are three beautiful mountain getaway retirement gifts for a woman friend:
- Keystone Lodge and Spa, Colorado: In Lakeside Village with a spa, nail salon, restaurant, bar. And pools, hot tubs, saunas and golf. Rooms are warm and comfortable, with balconies and mountain views.
- Mirror Lake Inn and Spa, New York State: Get a lakefront resort and spa in the middle of the mountains, about 5 hours north of New York City. Onsite dining with live entertainment, indoor and outdoor pools, and a private beach with water sports. Rooms have private balconies with lake and mountain views.
- Fairmont Chateau, Lake Louise, Canada: This elegant resort is on my bucket list, overlooking the lake and surrounded by mountains. Features spa, eight restaurants, heated indoor pool, hair salon. Water activities, easy hikes and the gondola are right there.
31. Fragrance DIFFUSER Unique Retirement Gifts for Her
A fragrance diffuser is a unique retirement gift for women coworkers and friends to add a lovely ambience to her home. This Para diffuser set from Anthropologie is perfect. She can plug it in and adjust scents, timing and intensity from her smart phone app. It includes an LED ambient nightlight, customizable by color and brightness.
32. Charm BRACELET Jewelry Retirement Gifts for Her
This lovely charm bracelet from My Blue Snowflake on Etsy is a wonderful jewelry retirement gift for women coworkers and friends that she’ll actually want to wear. Select her initial and a pearl or birthstone to personalize it.
33. Luxury SLIPPERS Retirement Gift for Woman Friend
Super luxurious slippers are a unique retirement gift for women friends you can add to a spa package or cabin accessories. Anthropologie has a huge variety of plush women’s slippers in a variety of price ranges.
Check out more luxury travel gift ideas.
34. Luxury TRAVEL WALLET Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
I LOVE the floral print line of travel wallets and wristlets from Coach! These would make terrific retirement gifts for women coworkers and friends who travel. Consider the Wyn Small Wallet or Small Wristlet.
35. CRUISE GETAWAY Retirement Gift for Woman Friend
Now, I loved the only cruise I’ve been on, which was a Royal Caribbean Western Caribbean Cruise for my sister’s destination wedding. It was the perfect blend of elegance and fun, with incredible meals, service and excursions.
A cruise getaway is a low-stress experience retirement gift for a woman friend. Bring your favorite cocktail dresses and doll it up. Choose a mix of relaxing and adventurous excursions. Relax by the pool, indulge at the piano bar, and flirt with your handsome server. Could it be any better?!
PERSONALIZED and TRADITIONAL Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
36. Personalized NEWSPAPER Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
For a fun and unique way to honor your female coworker’s retirement, consider this editable retirement newspaper poster. Select the poster size and the year she started working, either at her very first job or with your company. Personalize the photo and most text, fonts and colors via Templett. Print, frame and present!
37. Traditional Luxury WATCH Retirement Gifts for Her
38. Personalized CUTTING BOARD Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
An engraved cutting board is a wonderful alternative to traditional plaque retirement gifts for women coworkers. Choose between fun or classy styles, and she can either put it on display or put it to use. I love the live-edge olive wood cutting boards from Rustic Flitch and the marble and wood cutting boards from Olive Mood Gift Shop.
39. Personalized SERVING TRAY Retirement Gifts for Women
Another fabulous alternative to a traditional plaque retirement gift for women coworkers is a personalized serving tray. Etsy is the place to go for customized options with your company logo and special message. One of my favorite shops is Dragon Forged Studios with lots of beautiful options. Choose from resin, marble and dual-wood serving trays.
And it might also make sense to commemorate her service with a slate serving tray from Land P Custom Engraving, customized with a city of your choice and message. Beautiful, right?! Perfect for those retiring from municipal service, engineering and more.
40. Unique BRACELET Jewelry Retirement Gifts for Her
Consider an elegant bracelet as a personalized retirement gift for women coworkers, engraved with years of service and a personal message. I love the variety of metals and sizes from Janet Powers on Etsy. Like this rose gold bracelet with slight texturing on the outside and a nice message inside.
41. Personalized WINE GLASSES Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
How about personalized wine gifts as her retirement gift? You can completely customize wine glasses with Stitched Magic on Etsy, including font and color. If you want stemmed wine glasses, check out Lifetime Creations. And if you get stemmed glasses, check out these customized name wine charms from ivision! SO cute.
42. Personalized LEATHER BOOKMARK Retirement Gifts for Her
Does she love reading? Honor the next chapter in her life with a personalized leather bookmark that commemorates her contributions to your workplace. Pair this gift with a hefty volume she’ll now have the chance to read. Lord of the Rings, perhaps?
43. Unique NECKLACE Retirement Gift for Her
You have a lot of great options to give a necklace as a retirement gift for women coworkers and friends. You can go with a classic option from a local jewelry store and have it engraved. Or for more unique retirement gifts, go shopping on Etsy.
I love this scenic necklace from Imprinted Memories that honors her love of travel. And this 5-layer hand-stamped necklace from Your Gal On Jewel Street is completely customizable, made with brass, copper and silver.
Pair it with a lovely travel jewelry organizer.
44. Personalized Leather JOURNAL Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
A quality leather journal is a sophisticated and thoughtful retirement gift for women coworkers and friends alike. She might use it for creating her retirement travel bucket list, recording all the details of her travels, or bringing out the artist in her out at the cabin.
Choose between a personalized leather journal from Lucky Horse Gift Co or a floral journal from Olive Press Co, both classy. You can get lined or dotted paper, depending on whether you’re buying for the writer or artist. The leather journal can be personalized with a company logo or monogram out the outside and message inside. Add your personal message to the back of the floral journal.
45. Personalized KEYCHAIN Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
A small personalized keychain can be a nice way to top an experience or expensive retirement gift for women coworkers. Like You Made a Difference keychain from Janet Powers, and the hand-stamped coin keychain from Sin City Displays. Both have lots of customization options.
46. Unique METAL BOOKMARK Retirement Gifts for Her
How about a lovely personalized metal bookmark to commemorate her contributions? “Enjoy the next chapter” coordinates wonderfully with other retirement gifts for women coworkers and friends. Bundle it together with a bottle of wine and an inspiring travel book from Anthropologie.
EXPENSIVE Retirement Gifts for Women
47. WORLD TRAVEL Pass for Women
Have you heard of Tinggly? It’s the perfect way to give a gift certificate to thousands of experiences around the world, including many in the United States and Canada.
Choose between gift cards like Bucketlist, Unforgettable Escape and Superwoman. She can use the experience on her own or with a friend. Helicopter rides and canoeing. Train, foodie and historic tours. Whale-watching, bagel workshops and art classes. It’s a more expensive retirement gift for women coworkers and friends you can give together.
As a retirement gift topper, consider a Vagabond leather travel memories keychain. She can add new adventure rings throughout her retirement!
48. Expensive EARRINGS Retirement Gifts for Women
Earrings are traditional and more expensive retirement gifts for women coworkers and friends alike. If you know her favorite jewelry store, you could pick your favorite and give her a gift receipt so she can exchange it if she doesn’t love it. Otherwise, go with classy earrings from a classic place like Coach, which has lots of great options.
49. Luxury SUNGLASSES CASE Retirement Gift Ideas for Her
A specific luxury she’ll love at the beach and at home is a gorgeous Coach sunglasses case. Their signature canvas style has a lovely Tea Rose turnlock closure, and a clip to attach it to her bag.
50. Luxury PURSE ACCESSORIES for Women Who Travel
While a purse is quite a personal thing to give as a retirement gift for women, she’ll definitely appreciate luxury purse accessories. Luxuries like this mirror purse charm from Coach and pretty key ring from Anthropologie. Both shops have fun travel accessories for her!
51. Luxury SCARF Gift for a Woman Friend
A wonderful travel accessory to give as more expensive retirement gifts for women is a luxury scarf. Two of my favorites are the Horse and Carriage print from Coach and really any scarf from Armani. Pure wool or cashmere blends for winter travel and luscious silks and linens for summer travel. Perfect!
Find more travel accessories for women.
52. Luxury EYE MASK for Women Who Travel
Now, sleeping while traveling can be awful. So, indulge her retirement adventures with a luxury velvet eye mask or this silk eye mask and travel pillow set, both from Anthropologie. Silk is supposed to be really nice for your skin and hair.
53. Luxury TRAVEL ACCESSORIES for Women Who Love to Travel
For the sophisticated traveler, consider getting her beautiful Coach travel accessories. You really can’t go wrong with their classy luggage tags and passport covers as retirement gifts for women who travel. They’ll look great on her while she’s trekking around the world.
54. Annual RECREATION PASS Retirement Gift Ideas
Would an annual recreational pass help her enjoy her new-found freedom? Maybe a golf membership or yacht club membership? A gift certificate to a local canoeing club, a fabulous leisure center or even a skydiving club?! These retirement gift ideas are also great ways for him to meet new retirement buddies.
55. GOLF CADDIE Unique Retirement Gift for Her
Apparently for the retiring golf addict, the Arccos Caddie is “the” gadget to get as a retirement gift! It’s a fully-automatic performance tracking system. Attach a sensor to each club, connect them to the app, and get pro advice to better your game. Give her a place to practice with a membership to a golf course or driving range, too!
56. MUSICAL Membership Retirement Gift for a Friend
Retirement is the perfect time to get back into the arts. Consider an annual pass to live theater or an orchestra, or a gift certificate to a local concert vendor. Thoughtful retirement gifts for women coworkers and friends that’ll keep her rockin’!
57. MUSEUM Membership Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
Does she love history or the arts? Consider giving her an annual pass to start her retirement well. Include it with a night out or day out experience gift to enjoy it together.
58. WALL ART Retirement Gifts
If you know her favorite artist, you could buy a piece as a more expensive retirement gift for her. This is definitely a riskier gift idea, as art is such a personal thing, but knowing her favorite artist certainly helps. You could personalize it with a small engraved plaque on the back.
Here’s another idea. Browse the Tropical Wall Art gallery on Etsy for incredible intricate metal and slat wood wall art ideas. Despite its name, you’ll find plenty of variety in scene inspiration including the tropics (of course!), forests and desert.
59. POTTERY Retirement Gift for a Friend
If she loves art but you’re unsure of her style, a safer retirement gift for women coworkers is pottery. Check out a local farmer’s market for local pottery. Or, visit Etsy for lovely pottery planters and serving dishes. One of my favorite shops is Clay by Dannah out of Israel. Aren’t these espresso mugs and planters gorgeous?! Their trays are lovely, too.
Interested in more planter gift ideas? Visit OUTDOOR Decor Ideas for Travel Lovers.
60. LESSONS as Retirement Gift Ideas
What are some fun lessons available in your area that match her interests? A musical instrument? Kayaking or golfing? Culinary classes? A great retirement gift for women coworkers is investing in a hobby you know she wants to try or master.
61. Luxury LUGGAGE Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
Is she already planning that trek around the world? Consider luxury luggage, which is an expensive retirement gift for women who travel that she may not treat herself to. Briggs & Riley make highly-rated luxury luggage, and the most versatile option is the International Carry-On Expandable Spinner. It’s a hardside suitcase at 21” tall (one inch shorter than the domestic version) that expands another 22% and weighs only 7.9lbs.
This carry-on suitcase comes with features she’ll love. Eight wide, tilt-resistant, 360-spinning wheels. An ergonomic handle. TSA-friendly combination lock. And zippered mesh pockets and a compression-expansion system inside to maximize capacity.
62. TRAVEL TRACKER Gift Ideas for Travelers
Another thoughtful retirement gift for women coworkers who love to travel is Tile Mate. Have you heard of it? It’s a tracking system that’ll keep her from losing anything, from her luggage to her wallet, keys, remote and phone. You gotta help her deal with that notorious seniors memory!
63. COURSE Subscription Unique Retirement Gifts for Her
How about a subscription to MasterClass or a gift certificate to a local college? This is a unique and more expensive retirement gift for women coworkers to encourage her to pursue new interests, like culinary arts, fashion design and gardening. Writing with Judy Blume. Finally she can write that best-seller!
64. EVENT PASS Retirement Gift Ideas for Coworkers
Are some pretty great events coming to town? Consider things like special museum exhibits, music festivals and concerts. A thoughtful and fun retirement gift for women coworkers might just be a pair of tickets that kicks off her retirement right.
SMALL, FUN and FUNNY Retirement Gifts for a Woman (All CLASSY)
65. Retirement CARD for Women
Top any retirement gift for a woman coworker with a card that’s signed by her team. For something a lot more interesting and memorable, check out the retirement cards by Potty Mouth Press on Etsy. You can’t go wrong with the classic design shown here.
66. ADDRESS BOOK Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
A cute add-on retirement gift for women coworkers who travel is a classy Coach address book filled with contact information for her favorite coworkers. Choose among three sizes. Then she’ll know where to send the postcards!
67. Travel MINI-EMERGENCY KIT Retirement Gifts for Her
This handy mini-emergency kit from Anthropologie is possibly the perfect add-on retirement gift for women coworkers and friends who travel. It includes hair spray, clear nail polish, nail polish remover, emery board, lip balm, earring backs, clear elastics, mending kit, safety pin, double-sided tape, stain remover, deodorant towelette, pain reliever, tampon, breath freshener, dental floss, and bandages. Whew!
68. Travel JEWELRY CASE Gift for a Friend
A quality travel jewelry organizer is a great retirement gift for women coworkers and friends who travel. Vlando jewelry rolls are classy and highly-rated, and easy for her to pop into her carry-on while still protecting her valuables. And Vera Bradley offers lots of styles to choose from, including the Signature Cotton Jewelry Train Case available in lots of lovely fabrics.
Find more ideas at Best Travel Jewelry Organizers.
69. Small CORD ORGANIZERS for Travelers
Help her stay organized while exploring the world with small cord organizers to top off her retirement gift. Aren’t these cord clips from Anthropology so pretty? And Etsy has lots of great cord organization options, including leather, felt and cloth.
70. PILL BOX Unique Retirement Gifts for Her
Here’s a classy AND tongue-in-cheek retirement gift topper for women coworkers and friends who travel. An engraved pill box she can take on her new adventures. Choose from a variety of beautiful options on Etsy, including map pill boxes from Location Inspirations and floral pill boxes from Decorative Design WKS.
Check out more travel accessories for women.
71. Retirement WINE LABEL for a Friend
Commemorate all of her contributions with a retirement wine label from The Ivory Shoppe on Etsy. Pair it with an experience winery getaway above!
72. SCRATCH-OFF MAP Retirement Gifts for Travelers
This elegant scratch-off map from Inspire Uplift is a great add-on retirement gift for women coworkers who love to travel. She can scratch off the gold for places she’s been to reveal new colors underneath. Include a frame, which will also protect it from accidental scratches.
73. Jellyfish LED LAVA LAMP Gift Ideas for Women
This jellyfish LED lava lamp from Inspire Uplift is SO lovely! It’s a soothing and unique retirement gift for women who love travel, especially to the beach.
74. Travel-Themed NIGHT LIGHT Gift for a Friend Who Loves Travel
Now, these handmade glass night lights from J Devlin Glass Art on Etsy are beautiful and unique retirement gifts for women who love travel. Use her favorite type of travel as your inspiration, including tropical fish, garden flowers and stained glass. (Psst… also check out their small trays, which would be perfect as jewelry or trinket trays.)
Find more decor gift ideas in Best CABIN Gifts.
75. Travel-Themed CUSHIONS Gifts for a Friend
And while we’re on the theme of travel-themed home decor, take a look at these world map cushions from The Travel Shop on Etsy. Or colorful outdoor cushions from My Pillow Studio. What a nice topper retirement gift for her.
76. Funny MUGS Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
Yeah, a mug is a pretty typical retirement gift for women coworkers, but it can be the perfect small (and useful) gift idea to make her smile. There are plenty of options to choose from, but here are two of my favorites: A Wise Woman Once Said personalized mug from Dancing Canary Co on Etsy and Retirement Weekly Schedule on Amazon.
77. Funny Retirement MINTS for Coworkers
Have some fun with those seniors moments by topping off retirement gifts for women coworkers and friends with these “extra strong” memory mints. Couldn’t we all use these?!
78. Travel PHONE CHARGER Gifts for Women
A practical and small retirement gift topper for travelers is a portable phone charger. When it comes to slim and light portable phone chargers, Anker has serious credibility. But if you want something prettier, check out this 2-pack portable charger with a flashlight. It’s available in multiple patterns and has great ratings, too.
79. Travel TOILETRIES BAG Retirement Gift for a Friend
Another way to help her stay organized on her retirement adventures is with a pretty little travel bag for toiletries. This small travel pouch from Bee By Design on Etsy is super cute and comes in a variety of cork colors and patterns. And Vera Bradley offers a ton of styles, including this versatile Signature Cotton Toiletry Bag with PVC lining to protect against spills.
Find more ideas at Best Travel Bags for Toiletries.
80. Travel-Themed SPA PRODUCTS Retirement Gift for a Friend
How better to inspire her retirement travels than with The Body Shop’s global spa-inspired products? Like the French Lavender Pillow Mist and Tahitian Tiare Hand Wash. Ah… so lovely!
81. Funny CLOCK Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
Here’s another tongue-in-cheek retirement gift idea for her. A weekday clock, because you know she’s going to have a hard time keeping track of the day. (Now, couldn’t we all use that?!)
82. Tropical SERVING BOWL Retirement Gifts for Women
Isn’t this glass serving bowl from Tropical Wall Art beautiful?! The glass is hand-blown over a piece of driftwood for an elegant and unique retirement gift for her. Choose from a mini or larger bowl size.
83. BIRD FEEDER Retirement Gift Ideas
Now that she’s retired, maybe she’ll finally have time to watch the birds. A nice bird feeder can be a fun retirement gift for her. Take a look at this travel trailer bird feeder from 1 Man 1 Garage, which comes as a kit with pieces that snap together (no glue required). You can either get the pieces pre-painted or natural, with paint or pencils to color yourself.
Also, don’t you just love this wood log bird feeder from Schoolhouse Woodcraft? It’ll bring a blissful piece of the woods to her backyard.
You may also like Outdoor Travel Decor Ideas
84. Rose Tree LED LAMP Unique Gifts for Her
Does she love her roses? Gardening, maybe? This pretty rose tree LED lamp from Inspire Uplift is a lovely add-on retirement gift for women. She can move the branches for the perfect light. Choose from three colors.
85. Crab PEN HOLDER Unique Gifts for Coworkers
Here’s another cute add-on retirement gift for women coworkers and friends who love travel. This crab pen holder will remind her of the beach and make her smile whenever she looks at it!
86. TOTE BAG Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
I love these cute retirement tote bags from Minnie and Maude on Etsy! Choose from a variety of sayings to honor your retired woman coworker or friend, like those tailored to retired teachers, nurses and more.
87. Retirement INSPIRATION BOOK Gift Ideas for Women
You can find some pretty fun and funny retirement books for her. A popular one is 101 Fun Things to Do in Retirement by Stella Reingold, a funny and inspiring welcome to retirement. The Ultimate Retirement Bucket List by Sarah Billington will inspire her onto new adventures. And Keys to a Successful Retirement by Fritz Gilbert includes practical advice, too.
88. Funny FORK Retirement Gifts for Coworkers
This retirement fork is a simple and clever add-on for retirement gifts for women coworkers and friends. Personalized it to help celebrate her “fork” in the road.
89. Snail TEA BAG HOLDERS Unique Retirement Gifts for Her
These snail tea bag holders from Inspire Uplift are super cute and a funny retirement gift for women coworkers and friends. She’ll be slowing right down with retirement!
90. Travel HUMIDIFIER Gift Ideas for Her
These color-changing bulb humidifiers from Inspire Uplift are pretty and useful small retirement gifts for her. Add in the small crystals, artificial tree and some water. Plug it in with the USB cable, and she has a little humidifier to even take on her travels.
91. Funny GOLF BALLS Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
Is she a golfer? Top off your retirement gift for her with this set of retirement golf balls. Each one features a different saying that celebrates her retirement.
92. Funny SHIRT Retirement Gifts for Her
You can find some cute shirts as retirement gifts for women coworkers and friends. Like this simple Officially Retired shirt from Cafe Print Art on Etsy. Or this fun teacher’s retirement shirt from Purple Rush Clothing on Etsy.
93. Fun SOCKS Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
Yup, you know this list of fun retirement gifts for women coworkers and friends has to include fun socks! Fun socks are an easy, cheap way to top-off an otherwise-serious retirement gift idea for her.
You can go with something like these The Queen Has Retired from Amazon. Or choose from saying socks from If The Sock Fitz on Etsy, like Officially Retired, This Legend Has Retired or Retired YEAR. All socks are unisex size 7-12.
94. Globe STRESS BALL Retirement Gifts for Her
Retirement brings a different type of stress, like where she hasn’t yet been! Top off your retirement gift for women who love to travel with this globe stress ball. Even if it just reminds her that her travels are her only worry.
95. Hemp HAND CREAM Retirement Gifts for Women Coworkers
Top off a retirement gift for her with a hemp hand care gift set from The Body Shop. It has a lovely, not overpowering scent that will soothe her hard-working hands.
96. Portable BODY MASSAGER Retirement Gift Ideas
Is she lamenting the end of massage benefits? Then this highly-rated portable body massager from Inspire Uplift is a great add-on for her retirement gift. It has four high-frequency massaging balls that imitate a therapist’s hands and make it appropriate for an all-body massage. Woohoo!
97. Travel SANITIZERS for Women
Here’s a practical, small and pretty topper for retirement gifts for women who travel. A cute little keychain pouch from Anthropologie! She can clip the carabiner to her travel bag and she’s good to go.
Or, give her a portable sanitizer pouch that uses UV-C germicidal LED lights to eliminate 99.9% of bacteria from a phone’s surface. Her keys. A hotel remote. Cash. Its rechargeable battery works for 18 uses. Useful, right?
Find more travel accessories for women.
98. Compact TRAVEL GAMES Retirement Gift Ideas
Compact travel games are not only a great way to pass the time while traveling, they’re also great for making new friends. And she’ll love both benefits on her retirement travels! Two fun options include the I Should Have Known That trivia card game and a chess/checker travel game that rolls up super tight.
99. Travel ADAPTER/CONVERTER Retirement Gifts
Is she excited about her first overseas adventure? A useful retirement gift for her would then be a travel adapter or converter. She’ll need one if she’s traveling from the USA or Canada to Europe, the United Kingdom, Australia or Asia. This universal travel adapter has built-in USB charging ports, too. If she’ll use her own hairdryer or straightener, a voltage converter would be a smart gift.
Also a helpful gift for couples that travel together.
100. Retirement ACTIVITY BOOK Gifts for Women Coworkers
And finally, you can also top off retirement gifts for women with a retirement activity book. Not like she’ll be bored in retirement, but it’s a great excuse to take advantage of “her-time.”
You may also like:
- Gifts for COUPLES That Travel Together
- Unique Retirement Gifts for MALE Coworkers
- Best Trips with MOM: Weekend Getaways and Bucket List Ideas
SHARE and SAVE these gift ideas for later!
Featured Photo Credit: Artem Beliaikin on Unsplash.